Monday, February 22, 2010

My Life as a Personal Shopper




I've been a personal shopper at J Crew for almost two years now and have people ask me all the time what a personal shopper does. Well the professional definition would say I'm a shopping expert that works with clients through in store events and appointments. To me, I feel like it's the opportunity to build a bond with customers that frequently come into our store and and create a long term relationship like a friendship. It's my job to know what will look good on who and be able to help put together outfits and use creativity that everyone might not think of on their own. You have to have a passion for the store that you work at and the merchandise they sell, as well as really enjoy working with people. I've been obsessed with shopping since I was a little girl, so love that I can have that be part of my job and can share it with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment